Wednesday, July 15, 2015

METRO's New Bus Lines!



On August 16th, 2015, METRO will implement its new METRO Bus Lines. I am glad that we are renovating the bus lines and will inform you as much as I can about the new system. Hopefully, METROs New Bus Routes will improve transportation options across the city and as I have researched it, I believe they will.

METROs new bus routes are almost entirely designed based on community input. On February 11th, 2015, METRO was able to vote to approve an entirely new system, which was based entirely on community meetings with the public. Unlike the Montgomery County Road Bond, METRO was able to get its modernizing of the transit system done. We are now one month away from the new systems implementation on August 16th.

The new bus routes will link to more frequently used locations, have more frequent weekend hours and planned not only for today’s Houston but also for expected future growth that Houston will sustain over the coming years.

I am very happy that METRO is keeping its services modernized and also happy that community input was the driving force behind METRO’s planning process. I have in the past stated that I support community input in urban planning decisions and am proud that Houston has done so yet again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad Houston sought the input of the citezen's. It's always a good idea to ask for input before making the plans. Congrats to Houston!

    ReplyDelete