Friday, February 7, 2014

Why I Love Houston!!!



Some of us have a great passion for cities. I am one of those people. In this blog, I am going to tell you about my love for my hometown. I’ll admit, it is not considered a popular city, perhaps because it does not appeal to tourists. However, I love my city and I will tell you why.

I love the city that raised me, the city of Houston, TX. Houston does an excellent job of having a big city feel. It is an economic and efficient city, with large highways and tall skyscrapers, everything about this city is big and economic. It breeds a lifestyle that raised me and made me who I am today.

Houston is a laid back city, while some cities may do things fast, Houston culture operates in a laid back and mellow way; which is another thing which Houston has taught me.

Houston is also cosmopolitan. Its economy has a stronghold on the worldwide oil & gas industry. This brings people from all over the world looking for jobs in Houston. This has made Houston international and therefore, cosmopolitan.

As I pointed out earlier, Houston is diverse and living in Houston will expose you to all types of people.

Houston, I believe, is well laid out, although spread out. The downtown area is a grid of five lane one way streets. The grid expands through all of the inner Beltway 8 area. There are also many major roads going in diagonal directions. On top of that, there are major freeways traversing every direction and two loop highways with a third currently under construction.

I hope you enjoyed what was a personal blog. Perhaps you share my love and passion for Houston. Or perhaps you have never been there and I have exposed you to it. When it comes down to it, I love Houston’s gritty atmosphere and raw “non-stop city” feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment